About Bhartiya Jan Utthan Parishad:
Bhartiya Jan Utthan Parishad is a secular, non-political and non-profit making voluntary organization. The organization came into existence in the year 1983 and was registered under Society Registration Act of 1860 under Article XXI.
We are effectively working on the issues of HIV/ Aids, Child rights, Right to Information and Child Labour, Women Empowerment, Livelihood, Water & Sanitation and community Empowerment.
We are looking for “Vihaan” project a part of the national effort to improve treatment outcomes and meet the needs of the PLHIV – including high-risk groups, woman and children.
Required Qualification & Experience:
Graduate in any stream with more than 2 years’ relevant experience in an NGO or allied sector.
Prefer will be given to graduate in psychology or sociology. The criteria for selection will be relaxed for members from PLHIV or key population group with relevant experience and calibre and final decision lies with the interview panel.
• Good counselling ability
• Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently
• Ability and willingness to undertake extensive travel
• Strong commitment to HIV/AIDS and sexual and reproductive health
• Fluent in English and Hindi.
Roles and responsibilities of Counsellor:
1. Understand the sub-group-specific special needs in counselling (e.g. PLHIV from HRGs, children and families infected and affected by HIV)
2. Counseling on bereavement, emotional and spiritual well-being of PLHIV which will have bearing on their psychological health.
3. Counselling on reproductive health and child bearing
4. Drug/alcohol and substance abuse counselling
5. Advice on legal rights
6. Nutrition/Health talks /dietary counselling and conduct nutrition assessment
7. Information sharing (related to the HIV disease, death, quality of life etc.)
8. Counselling of children infected and affected by HIV by assisting in varied activities like Life Skills Training, Talent promotion, Recreational activities, Child protection issues, Formation of children support groups, Youth clubs, Sports activities, Family support groups
9. To ensure that PLHIVs , where necessary , are linked to other services/service providers both within the CSC and outside (as part of linkages established by the CSC as part of Vihaan)
10. To provide family counselling, advance psychosocial, treatment education, adherence, SRH etc at the CSC with PLHIV clients/caregivers who visit CSC.
11. Facilitating the process of capacity building of community counsellors.
12. Help the ORW in organising support group meetings (SGM)and also facilitate these meetings.
13. The counsellor will assist the community (or peer led counsellor) in facilitating the SGM
14. Assist in /develop the communication activities of Vihaan
15. Assist with the development of content/ strategy for sensitisation meetings with different stakeholders as part of the advocacy activities initiated by Vihaan
16. Compliance with the ethical norms in counselling as established by the project and in line with the NACP guidelines.
1. process of capacity building of Community counsellors
2. Monitoring the weekly work plan of ORWs.
3. Coordination in creating linkages/networking especially with ART centre
4. Helping Project Coordinator in creating appropriate strategies for advocacy environment.
5. Maintenance of registers.
6. Recording feedback from the community in matters relating to counselling
7. Assist Project coordination in building effective field team
Remuneration: BJUP will offer a compensation of 7350/pm consolidated.
Send your applications to: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org