The project is also providing support to improve the policy and regulatory environment to accelerate sales, investment, and job growth to undercut the basis of extremism. This position is located in Pakistan and requires travel throughout the country. The consultant will draft a Sindh Provincial Fisheries Policy that is consistent with both international best practice and the local context and targets economic growth in the fisheries sector. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Review inland and coastal fisheries sector of Sindh Province; evaluate their performance against international best practices; and review the existing sector policies, laws, and regulations
- Identify regulatory and institutional deficiencies and distortions, if any, in the current provincial policies, laws, and regulations
- Identify and detail the deficiencies and distortions, if any, in the current provincial policies, laws, and regulations in enabling the fair, efficient, and growth-oriented functioning of the provincial fisheries markets, and estimate the economic impact of such deficiencies/distortions
- Develop a draft fisheries policy framework that promotes economic growth in the fisheries sector of Sindh and based on international best practice.
- Bachelor’s degree required; law degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of the constitutional framework of Pakistan, including separation of federal and provincial powers and the fisheries sector at both levels
- Experience drafting international best practices
- Understanding of policy aspects of institutional governance and management of fisheries
- Experience working on USAID projects preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
Send electronic submissions to SindhFisheries@chemonics.com by February 28, 2014. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “FIRMS project - Pakistan fisheries consultant” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ntmtbtd