The Center for Knowledge Societies (CKS)
Founded in 2002, is an innovation consulting firm based in New Delhi, Bangalore, and Patna. It brings together expertise on ethnography, design and user experience to create new and valuable products and services for end users in emerging economies all over the world. Since its establishment, CKS has worked in an array of sectors including Healthcare, Telecom, Financial Services, Home Décor and Appliances, Aviation, Education and Automobile Design.
The READ Alliance is based on the belief that the ability to read is the most basic building block of learning. The ultimate goal of the READ Alliance is to improve the reading skills of children in India today, preparing them for a lifetime of reading and learning.
It represents a bold new approach to partnership and innovation, which can bring about developmental change with rapidity and at scale. In leading the READ Alliance in partnership with USAID, CKS aims to create and lead robust social and institutional networks by bringing together corporations, non-profit organizations, think tanks, foundations, researchers, schools, teachers, and others in a new way to ensure that media, technology and innovation are used more effectively to promote early childhood reading. For this, CKS will bring together new stakeholders, involve them in a constructive and productive dialogue around how they might work together, form strategic partnerships with the stakeholders and domain experts to bring their collective resources together to overcome the challenge, provide the needed innovation platform and the most relevant domain expertise to be able to redress early childhood reading deficiencies in India at scale. The program also aims to capacity enable stakeholders to identify and develop, fund and scale up high-impact solutions for early reading.
Key Purpose Statement:
The Project Director is responsible for conceptualization and delivery of innovative Early Grade Reading Projects, and is the face of CKS, to USAID and other stakeholders, for Project Management and Operations.
Reporting to: CEO, CKS Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Line Management Responsibility: 12+ people
Experience and Required Skills:
- Between 7-11 years of experience holders can apply, with three of those years in a team management role.
- Domain knowledge of early childhood literacy including early childhood developmental stages, language development and readiness to learn
- Practical knowledge and experience of designing and managing large scale programs, especially in the arena of education and/ or reading.
- Ability to provide thought leadership and anchor high-level dialogues on early grade reading
- Experience in managing a multi-faceted and diverse team
- Should have managed multiple stakeholders and should have good background understanding of Monitoring and evaluation of education programs.
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative education programs.
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement program evaluation systems
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Deep understanding of contracting and fund raising aspects
- Demonstrated results in managing through complex systems and proven experience negotiating win-win agreements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for READ Alliance’s mission
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to grow and further develop a proven education program, more specifically an Early Grade Reading Program. The successful candidate will lead program, partner with the USAID and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team. Specific requirements include:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in education, early childhood, social work or allied field preferred.
- Program Planning
- Program Execution
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Public relations, communication and liaison
- Knowledge Management and Communication
- Strategic Partnerships
- Financial & Contractual matters
- People management
If your profile fits the job requirement please send an email to Jenifer Dantas at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Shweta Jha at email@example.com with your detailed resume and current salary and notice period.