SEEDS seeks Research Manager in Delhi
SEEDS is a nonprofit organisation, working towards long term disaster recovery projects across India since 1994. SEEDS is one of the founding members of ADRRN (Asian Disaster Reduction & Response Network).
Objectives: The key role of the Research Manager is to manage quantitative, qualitative, community research projects based on strategic objective of the network, with senior members of the network.
The position will be directly reporting to the ADRRN coordinator, based in Delhi.
Job Responsibilities (Principal Duties): The principal responsibilities include the following:-
1. Management of quantitative, qualitative research of ADRRN activities, set-up, analysis and playing an active role in the presentation to various team members.
2. Management of donor relationships throughout research projects and an ongoing basis (with inputs from senior members of the team).
3. High levels of interaction with internal colleagues who are based in Delhi and other offices.
4. Delegation and supervision of work with junior members of the team.
6. Online research (such as concept testing, members satisfaction tracking ,online community projects.etc.)
7. Research to help improve websites i.e. website research (including qualitative group discussions, accompanied surfing depth interviews and the use of online forums).
8. Quantitative responsibilities (where required) to include questionnaire design, analysis and preparation/delivery of power point presentations/reports.
9. Active participation in various community based research work for Asia-Pacific and preparation of various papers on themes related to disaster response and reduction for network’s news letter “Ground Truth”
10. The Research Manager should be able to design complex questionnaires and add value to presentations through in-depth analysis and formulating conclusions/recommendations.
Key performance indicators for this role include:
1. Active support to network activities to achieve desired results
2. Number of Ground Truth paper published
3. Feedback collected from various members of the network activities
At least Master’s Degree in field related to Disaster Management /Social work. Graduate degree in addition to good work experience will also be considered for this position.
Experience and Skills:
At least 3-4 years of experience in doing various qualitative and quantitative researches work in the field of disaster management or social work. Candidate should have good knowledge on various regional and global level frameworks like Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk reduction, Hyogo Framework of Action (HFA). Knowledge on Transformative Agenda will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Candidates with a passion to work in the humanitarian sector and the above qualifications and willingness to travel in Asia Pacific may apply showing current and expected salary to email@example.com under the subject “Research Manager” by 28th January 2013. Women candidates are also encouraged to apply. Visit us at www.adrrn.net
Job Email id: joinus(at)seedsindia.org