Orissa State Volunteers and Social Workers Association (OSVSWA) as a development entity with a commitment for social development through empowerment was established in the year 1980 by a group of eminent freedom fighters, social workers and social activists. The organization was established for initiating a movement to promote volunteerism and social action based on ‘Gandhian Philosophy’ of rural development to create a self dependant and sustainable rural society.
The Staff Accountant keeps accurate records and accounts of all financial transactions and ensures compliance with all financial policies. This position is based in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. This position reports to the Director of OSVSWA.
• Comply with all internal financial policies, government regulations, accounting requirements and other restrictions.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as required.
• Liaison with OSVSWA’s Chartered Accountant and accountant / finance manager of donor organizations.
• Balance petty cash every day.
• Reconcile all expense reports and cash advances.
• Ensure the prompt payment of vendors.
• Ensure that spending is in accord with the budget and good stewardship.
• Maintain cash flow in all accounts.
• Ensure that all appropriate taxes are promptly paid.
• Train other staff in financial policies.
• Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
• Travel from time to time for trainings and other work.
• Carry out additional assignments at the Director or CEO’s request.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Must have completed Bachelors Commerce degree.
• Relevant work experience (handling of accounts of big projects).
• Knowledge and understanding of financial software and principles of accounting & book keeping.
• Self-motivated, articulate and able to manage multiple tasks.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Tally, willingness to learn Quick books and Excel.
• Knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Organized, meticulous attention to detail.
|Send your applications to: