The project for which we are hiring you is an equine welfare programme, organised by AVJKS, lucknow & sponsored by THE BROOKE INDIA. for more information on Brooke India Log on to www.thebrookeindia.org/
The Arthik Vikas Evam Jan Kalyan Sansthan, (AVJKS) U.P. was promoted & formed by secular, apolitical & independent social activist/workers for bringing in social development. Accordingly AVJKS was registered under societies registration Act 1860 on April 1994 as a non-profit/non government organisation. The AVJKS is also registered with Central Government under Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, (Registration No. 136550097) And Income tax Act 1961, Article 12 (A). This organisation works in livelihood, environment Conservation , Agriculture & Animal Welfare sector.
Purpose of Role: To provide technical support on animal welfare and equine veterinary treatment to the Partner Equine Welfare Unit and work towards ensuring quality equine veterinary services are made available, accessed and utilized by the animals in the operational area through the Partner Equine Welfare Unit staff, local service providers and other local stakeholders.
S/he shall be mainly responsible for capacity building, monitoring, correcting and upgrading veterinary skills (preventative, first-aid, primary and secondary treatments) of staff, local service providers including government and private veterinarians, animal owners, community based animal health workers, traditional practitioners, etc. in the operational area on basic equine veterinary services. S/he shall also support and deputize the Partner Equine Welfare Unit Manager on day-to-day activities, and lead the veterinary team on provision of specialized/ emergency treatment. Support the staff in carrying out required and correct veterinary/technical message transfer.
This position has a critical role in achieving the vision of minimizing the pain and suffering of the working equines in areas of greatest need and achieving sustainable equine health delivery systems in areas of work and improvising day-to-day program implementation effectiveness.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Closely interact with various stakeholders (animal owners, local traditional healers, farriers, other veterinary service providers, pharmacies, and vets) through Partner Equine Welfare Unit staff to ensure better animal husbandry, management and healthcare practices amongst owners and influencing those individuals and factors that are critical in reducing pain and suffering of the equines.
2. Provide and/or lead the emergency veterinary services to all needy equines within the operational area. And ensure that the services are available in time (through local service providers or directly by the Partner Equine Welfare Unit staff).
3. Enhance the skills of the local health care providers. Enhance the quality primary treatment qualities available to the animals through various sources.
4. Work towards influencing various factors that affect the welfare of animals through employment of effective and efficient participatory tools along with Veterinary Assistant cum Community Motivators.
5. Develop and maintain good public relations with partners, government offices, local bodies, and other key stakeholder as required to handle the above activities.
6. Deputize the Partner Equine Welfare Unit Manager on all day-to-day activities.
B.V.Sc& A.H(from a university recognised by Veterinary Council of India), with one year work experience.Fresher’s may also apply.
• Experience of providing equine veterinary treatment
• Experience of capacity building, monitoring, correcting and upgrading veterinary skills
• Experience of managing & supporting staff
• Liaising with senior management on the completion of key projects
• Experience of developing rapport with stakeholders and interaction with community
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Flexible approach to work
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong sense of responsibility and control
• Good writing skills of reporting of activities of community work
• A high degree of competence in Teamwork
• Leadership qualities, team supervision and monitoring
• Integrity & personal conduct
• Sensitivity to diversity, adaptability, initiative & direction
• Planning, management of resources, supervision and control
Remuneration & Benefits:
• Salary Rs.23000/- per month.
• Mobile Phone Reimbursement Rs. 1,000/- per month.
• Motorcycle Travel Reimbursement Rs. 5/- per kilometer (Valid Motorcycle Driving License required).
|Send your applications to: