Global CEOs bat for India as the prime global investment destination
Dec 20, 2014
from 10:00 AM to 06:30 PM
|Where||Hotel Ashok in New Delhi|
|Contact Phone||91-11- 41636294|
Hon'ble Meenakshi Lekhi, Member Parliament for New Delhi, National Spokesperson (BJP) Member, NDMC
Bhaskar Chatterjee, Director General & CEO, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs
Amitabh Kant, IAS, Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Avinash Vashistha, Chairman & MD, Accenture India
Anil Chaudhry, MD& President, Schneider Electric India
Vinod Juneja, Managing Director, Binani Group of Industries
Kunwer Sachdev, Chairman & MD, Su-Kam
|Add event to calendar||
India blessed with democracy, demographic dividend, demand (3Ds). India is a young country with more than 65% under the age of 35. So, how young India is going to offer in meeting the growing global challenges?
To discuss and debate the current challenges in the Industry; IOD, India is organizing a One-day 'National Convention on Corporate Governance and Sustainability & IOD Annual Meet' on Saturday, 20th December 2014 at Hotel Ashok in New Delhi (in association with ET Now, Presenting Sponsor- YES Bank Ltd). IOD in India, is in its Silver Jubilee year. To mark the occasion, an IOD Annual meet has also been organised coinciding with the National Convention, to keep our members updated and abreast of latest board room issues apart from networking.
I am writing to invite you to join us at this Convention. If you have already responded, please ignore this.
Hon'ble M.Venkaiah Naidu, Union Minister of Urban Development, Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation and Parliamentary Affairs have kindly accepted to be the Chief Guest. Hon'ble Mahesh Sharma, Union Minister of State of Culture and Tourism (IC) & Minister of State for Civil Aviation has kindly consented to open the Convention. The confirmed Distinguished Speakers include
- Hon'ble Meenakshi Lekhi, Member Parliament for New Delhi, National Spokesperson (BJP) Member, NDMC
- Bhaskar Chatterjee, Director General & CEO, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs
- Amitabh Kant, IAS, Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Avinash Vashistha, Chairman & MD, Accenture India
- Anil Chaudhry, MD& President, Schneider Electric India
- Vinod Juneja, Managing Director, Binani Group of Industries
- Kunwer Sachdev, Chairman & MD, Su-Kam
- Syed Safawi, CEO, Viom Networks Limited and so on.
This year's IOD Distinguished Fellowships will be conferred upon
1. Shankar Aggarwal, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development
2. Rajeev Kher, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Commerce & Industries
3. Vijay Chhibber, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways
Ashok K Chauhan, Founder, Amity University will be felicitated with Golden Peacock Entrepreneurial Leadership Award. The Distinguished Fellows over the years: http://www.iodonline.com/about-iod/distinguished-fellows.html
The Convention will focus on Role of Digital in Corporate Governance and Sustainability, Emerging Role of Independent Directors, Risk Management, Emerging Role of Company Secretaries, Corporate Fraud , Audit & Vigil Mechanism, Bridging diversity in the Boardroom, Future of the Strategic Board with a special emphasis on Smart Cities and Making in India for the world.
As the seats are limited, registrations would be accepted on first-come-first-serve basis. Further details are on http://www.iodonline.com/annualday-2014.html