Coordinator/ Programme Associate – Community Radio Facilitation Centre (CRFC)
Position: Coordinator/ Programme Associate – Community Radio Facilitation Centre (CRFC)
Job Location: New Delhi
Closing date: 10th October 2016, Saturday
The candidate would support the Community Media team of OneWorld to manage Community Radio Facilitation Centre. The purpose CRFC is to provide guidance to Community Radio licence applicants, evolve guidelines and toolkits, support capacity building of Community Radio stations etc. CRFC facilitates Community Radio applicants through various stages of licensing, coordinates and liaises with different ministries to expedite clearances, and creates and enhances support systems and mechanisms.
Coordinator/ Programme Associate, CRFC is also expected to support audio-visual productions including OneWorld’s flagship radio programme Ek Duniya Ek Awaaz, coordinate and organise events.
Before applying please visit www.crfc.in to know more about CRFC and its work
Location: The position will be based in New Delhi. However, the candidate should be willing to undertake occasional travel to project locations inside India.
Last date for application: 15th October 2016, Saturday.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Minimum eligibility criterion
- Degree in Media or Communications or related disciplines from a reputed College/ University
- Prior working experience of 1-2 years with a media or community media organisation is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Hindi.
Interested candidates must possess the following skills:
- The candidate must be self-driven and have shown high levels of persistence and resourcefulness
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good communication skills and a confident personality
- Committed to social development
- Be able to work independently without requirement of regular supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadline requirements
Duties include following responsibilities but are not limited to
- Develop systems and procedures for management of CRFC
- Provide regular support to Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) by facilitating Community Radio stations about licensing process, capacity building, resource mobilisation etc.
- Liaise with Community Radio Stations, NGO’s, Educational Institutions, Agricultural Universities, government officials, government departments etc to support them in licensing process and address related queries
- Provide support in managing the CRFC website by regularly updating content, providing required information; ensure creation and dissemination of newsletter Initiate and support outreach activities of CRFC
- Support in planning and organising of seminars and workshops as per plan for advocacy on Community Radio
- Update the searchable database of all the operational Community Radio Stations, GOPA
- Update and digitise the files of the new community radio application received if required
- Maintain the log of queries and visitors on daily basis
- Support production of radio programmes, multi-media snippets and write blogs, features, updates etc.
- Manage and update social media pages of Community Radio Facilitation Centre
- Create training materials like toolkits, instructional videos to aid Community Radio licencing process and
- Contribute to the building of capacities within the organisation, especially with respect to the Community Radio Facilitation Centre in context of licensing and regulation
- Any other task that may be assigned time to time
How to apply:
Apply to email@example.com with resume and a Letter of Motivation of 300 – 500 words. Preference will be given to those who apply with Letter of Motivation.
- Note: Please mark, “Coordinator/ Programme Associate – CRFC” in the subject line
- Please don’t forget to mention your current and expected salary in the CV/ Letter of Motivation
- Salary will be as per the qualification and experience
About OneWorld Foundation India
OneWorld Foundation India harnesses the democratic potential of Information and Communication Technologies and the Internet to promote social and sustainable development through media, technology and research. The network generates and disseminates development content to audiences worldwide on a gamut of local and global issues - from grassroots voices to government policies to international policy deliberations.
OneWorld Foundation India is an equal opportunity employer.