Position: Manager-cum-Producer: Community Media
Job Location: New Delhi
Closing date:15th January 2017, Sunday.
OneWorld Foundation India (OneWorld) is looking for a highly-motivated candidate for the post of Manager-cum-Producer: Community Media.
The candidate will be responsible for overall management and growth of Community Radio and Video initiatives of OneWorld.Besides, responsibilities include guiding a team of community media professionals and managing partnerships, mobilising resources, undertaking capacity building activities, overseeing production of radio programmes and video films and managing portals.
Location: The position will be based in New Delhi. However, the candidate should be willing to undertake occasional travel to project locations inside India.
Last date for application:15th January 2017, Sunday.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Minimum eligibility criterion
- Degree in Media or Communications or related disciplines from a reputed college/ university
- Prior working experience of 3 – 5 years in media or community media with a reputed organisation
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Hindi
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise, coordinate and engage with the project partners and stakeholders for effective implementation of the programme activities and projects
- Ensure timely and quality production of OneWorld’s flagship radio programme Ek Duniya Ek Awaaz and other special radio campaigns
- Update EK duniya anEK awaaz portal (www.edaa.in) – a content and knowledge exchange portal and other social media pages on Community Radio
- Ensure smooth functioning, management and implementation of activities of Community Radio Facilitation Centre (www.crfc.in)
- Conduct capacity building and trainings for the project partners, prepare training modules and learning materials
- Mobilise resources, prepare proposals, and create newopportunities.
- Design and develop project documents and proposals
- Advise leadership about team capacities, opportunities, new concepts, ideas and assist in preparing proposals
- Promote capacity creation and enhancement among team members
- Contribute to the building of capacities within the organisation
- Willingness to work with other team members for the achievement of team tasks
Relationships management, coordination and information sharing
- Develop and maintain strong, constructive working relationships with project partners and other teams within OneWorld
- Actively participate in operational coordination and seek out opportunities and methods for ensuring smooth information flow
- Share regular reports about team activities with leadership
- Support partner reporting requirements on a regular basis
- Work in cohesion with the senior leadership towards the development of project plans and proposals
- Coordinate with Admin team for logistical requirements for project implementation and create a logistics base for the Community Media team
- Develop manuals, learning modules for training and capacity building of Community Radio stations and other community media initiatives
- Input design and production of materials including print and audio visual materials
- Organise events, workshops, conferences and seminars
- Assure timely and effective completion of project activities and tasks
- Create database of resources persons and Community Media experts
- Document project activities on a regular basis
- Provide technical coordination and advice to the team for implementation of programme activities
- Track progress on implementation of work
- Update the database of stakeholders, partners
- Provide support to the updating of the website
- Participate in the creation of and implementation of innovative communication tools
- To prepare timely monthly reports detailing specifics according to the needs
- Ensure that the radio programmes and other communication materials developed by the team are thoroughly researched
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation under media research projects and other prepare reports
- Conduct baseline and end-line studies for media research activities
- Draft and edit workshop, conference and seminar reports
- Undertake basic background thematic research for writing proposals and concept papers
- Coordinate editing and proofreading of reports / publications along existing procedures, especially in case of multiple languages publication
- Creates/locates/modifies non-standard document deliverables
- Develop and finalise documentation / reports
The candidate is expected to contribute to the growth of the following values:
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Creativity and innovation
- Judgement and decision making
- Building trust
- Empowering others
How to apply:
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and a Letter of Motivationof 300 words.
- Note: Please mark, Manager-cum-Producer: Community Mediain the subject line.
- Salary will be as per qualification and experience.
About OneWorld Foundation India
OneWorld Foundation India harnesses the democratic potential of Information and Communication Technologies and the Internet to promote social and sustainable development through media, technology and research. The network generates and disseminates development content to audiences worldwide on a gamut of local and global issues - from grassroots voices to government policies to international policy deliberations.
OneWorld Foundation India is an equal opportunity employer.