Research Associates - OneWorld Foundation India
OneWorld Foundation India wishes to hire Research Associate at its Delhi office to provide support to its existing research and knowledge team. The researchers will contribute to researching and documenting case studies related to social and sustainable development, particularly in areas like water & sanitation, health, nutrition, livelihoods, ICTs, gender and urban development.
Earlier, OneWorld’s knowledge & research team has worked in the area of agriculture, child protection, education, governance, ICTs and social security etc.
Selected candidates are also required to undertake dissemination of their work through print, online, audio, visual and social media platforms.
Number of positions
Delhi with travel across the country
Requirement with respect to notice period
Immediate to one month
OneWorld is looking for candidates to:
- Collate relevant and updated information.
- Participate as members of the research and knowledge team in conducting case studies.
- Write brief reports as well detailed case studies
- Initiate, participate in and contribute to cutting edge discourse on development issues through dynamic web-based tools (like communities of practice, discussion forums, blogs etc)
- Coordinate with a collaborative pool of domain experts to address specific queries, initiate discussions and provide feedback.
- Build and sustain knowledge partnerships with institutions/ organisations undertaking similar/related work in India and abroad.
Skills and Experience:
- Should have at least a Master’s degree with exposure to data collection, documentation, research studies, and information synthesis.
- Good analytical and quantitative research capabilities
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Presentation skills with an ability to analyse, interpret, synthesise data and advocate for evidence-based recommendations.
- Fair understanding of current social and development issues, knowledge of WASH, health, nutrition and urban development will be a plus
- Familiarity with online, audio, visual and social media is desirable
- Experience of 1-2 years is preferable, but freshers from premier academic institutions are also encouraged to apply
The key personal attributes of a candidate include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a capacity to work in a team and with peers
- Ability to work and deliver output within the timelines
- Flexibility, responsiveness, discipline and patience
- Ability to travel
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to submit their applications by sending a comprehensive CV and a letter of interest via e-mail to email@example.com by 31st December 2015.Please mention details of your current work profile, and current and expected salary.
Please mention ‘Ref: Research Associate’ in the subject line of the e-mail.
Salary will be as per the selected candidate’s qualification and experience.
About OneWorld Foundation India
The OneWorld Group uses Information and Communication Technologies for social and sustainable development. In its pioneering role as a knowledge-enabler, the OneWorld network creates and disseminates development content to audiences worldwide on a gamut of global issues – from grassroots voices to international policy deliberations - through its international portals, regional editions and thematic channels.
For more please visit:
OneWorld Foundation India is an equal opportunity employer.