Programme Associate - Community Media
Position: Programme Associate – Community Media
Job Location: New Delhi
Closing date: 21st August 2016, Sunday.
The candidate would support the Community Media team of OneWorld to manage content and resource exchange platform EK duniya anEK awaaz, community based audio-visual productions including OneWorld’s flagship radio programme Ek Duniya Ek Awaaz, coordinate and organise events.
Location: The position will be based in New Delhi. However, the candidate should be willing to undertake occasional travel to project locations inside India.
Last date for application:21st August 2016, Sunday.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Minimum eligibility criterion
- Degree in Media or Communications or related disciplines from a reputed College/ University.
- Prior working experience of 1-2 years with a media or community media organisation is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Hindi.
Interested candidates must possess the following skills:
- Ability to independently produce radio programmes including scriptwriting in Hindi and English on development issues.
- Technical experience of using audio editing packages e.g. Nuendo/ Audacity/Sound Forge or any other suite, and flash recorders.
- Ability to write news articles for online portals.
- Ability to shoot and edit videos (including instructional/ training videos) in different editing suites e.g. Edius/ Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premier or any other suite.
- Ability to support basic media (audio & video) literacy trainings
- Ability to manage social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr.
- Effective liaising and coordinating skills.
- Experience with basic data analytics and statistics
- Good use of Excel, MS Office, PowerPoint etc.
- The candidate must be self-driven and have shown high levels of persistence and resourcefulness
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good communication skills and a confident personality
- Committed to social development
- Be able to work independently without requirement of regular supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadline requirements
Duties include following responsibilities but are not limited to
- Develop programme outline, write scripts and produce OneWorld’s weekly radio programme Ek Duniya Ek Awaaz which is based on the issues related to development.
- Coordinate and liaising with stakeholders for production of radio and video programmes.
- Manage and moderate content and knowledge exchange portal for Community Radio stations i.e. EK duniya anEK awaaz.
- Coordinate and organise stakeholder workshops, consultation involving selected partners mainly Community Radio Stations and Community Based organizations.
- Support and coordinate the activities of Community Radio Facilitation Centre.
- Develop storyboards, scripts and produce videos and animations.
- Undertake and coordinate research and evaluation activities.
- Write news stories, feature article and edit copies sent by partners and other stakeholders for online portals.
- Writing reports, manuals, maintain database of potential CR partners, prepare presentations and documentation of workshops/ consultations.
10. Be able to write and translate from English to Hindi and vice versa.
11. Train grassroots NGOs and partners to use media tools.
12. Liaison with ministries, departments and NGOs.
13. Assist in all aspects of programme management.
How to apply:
Apply to email@example.com with resume and a Letter of Motivation of 300 – 500 words. Preference will be given to those who apply with Letter of Motivation.
- Note: Please mark, Programme Associate – Community Media in the subject line.
- Salary will be as per qualification and experience.
About OneWorld Foundation India
OneWorld Foundation India harnesses the democratic potential of Information and Communication Technologies and the Internet to promote social and sustainable development through media, technology and research. The network generates and disseminates development content to audiences worldwide on a gamut of local and global issues - from grassroots voices to government policies to international policy deliberations.
OneWorld Foundation India is an equal opportunity employer.