About OneWorld Foundation India
OneWorld Foundation India is a part of the International OneWorld network that uses Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) for sustainable development and human rights across four continents. In its pioneering role as a knowledge-enabler, the OneWorld network disseminates relevant, topical and critical information to audiences worldwide, on a gamut of global issues – from grassroots voices to international policy deliberations – through its international portals, regional editions and thematic channels in nine different languages.
OneWorld believes that information can be an enabler for development and empowerment. Basing this belief, we work collaboratively with partners to create technology assisted innovations and online knowledge gateways to help bring development benefits to grassroots communities.
There are two positions of Researchers to be filled at the OneWorld Foundation India office in New Delhi, India.
About the position
The Research Team at OneWorld is involved in extensive research and documentation of best practices and innovations in governance across India and South Asia. We have expertise in governance-related issues in a wide range of themes including agriculture, disaster management, decentralization, environment, e-governance, ICT for development, institutional reform, transparency and accountability, health, education, livelihood generation, microfinance, urban and rural development, community processes, water and sanitation, child protection, and women empowerment. We endeavour to provide team members with opportunities to develop their skills in variety of fields by engaging them in activities of other teams within the organisation viz. news and emerging media, knowledge services and innovation, and community and social media teams.
The incumbent would be required to:
- Collate relevant and updated information on the subject of governance for public service delivery in India and South Asia.
- Write case studies, project reports and other materials for publication and internal use.
- Take part in and lead, where required, field travel and research to focus specifically on information-gathering, fact-finding, analysis and assessment of governance-related concerns.
- Monitor, research, investigate and analyse governance-related developments in India, South Asia and internationally to provide timely, accurate, independent and impartial assessments for adding value to the team’s work.
- Initiate and participate in and contribute to cutting-edge discourse on issues related to improving governance through dynamic web-based tools (such as discussion forums, blogs).
- Collaborate with a pool of governance experts to address specific queries, initiate discussions and provide feedback.
- Build and sustain knowledge partnerships with institutions/ organisations undertaking similar/related work in India and abroad.
Educational qualifications, skills and experience
- A Masters degree in any related field of social sciences like political science, sociology, economics, public administration, and law.
- At least two years’ experience in data collection, documentation, research studies, and information synthesis. Fresh candidates may be considered based on the merit of their individual cases.
- Good analytical and quantitative research capabilities and demonstrable knowledge of applications in ‘ICTs for Development’.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, proven expertise in English as well as presentation skills with an ability to analyze, interpret, synthesize data and advocate for evidence-based recommendations.
- Ability to manage conflicting demands, meet deadlines and adjust priorities.
Preference will be given to candidates who have previous experience in working with academic institutions, consulting firms, NGOs and government agencies.
Key personal attributes
- Innovative and independent worker, who contributes to the team’s overall goals, takes responsibility and demonstrates initiative in one’s own work area.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills and capacity to work in a team and with peers.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Flexibility, responsiveness, discipline and patience.
- Willingness to travel.
Experience in project cycle management and working with field agencies in developing countries, especially in South Asia, would be preferred though not mandatory.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application by sending a comprehensive CV and a letter of interest via e-mail to recruit(dot)owfi(at)oneworld(dot)net. Please mention details of your current work profile, and current and expected salary.
OneWorld Foundation India is an equal opportunity employer. Salary will be as per the selected candidate’s qualification and experience.