- No 'Plan B' for climate action as there is no 'Planet B’: Ban
Sep 22, 2014
“Climate change is a defining issue of our time. There is no time to lose, said UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
[Climate Parliament] [Climate Change policy]
- Mediterranean policy-makers for sustainable development
Dec 12, 2013
The Mediterranean policy-makers committed themselves for sustainable development in the Mediterranean.
[Climate Change policy] [Sustainable development] [Environment]
- India: Pursuing low carbon led development in local areas
Jun 29, 2015
Parliamentarians like Kalikesh Singh Deo are supporting low-carbon development in their constituencies.
[South Asia] [Climate Change policy] [India] [Climate Parliament]
- CCBA unveils Climate Community & Biodiversity Standards
Dec 13, 2013
The new edition simplifies the requirements for demonstrating net positive climate benefits.
[Enviornment] [Climate Change policy]
- Indian elections connect with renewable energy
Apr 11, 2014
The political parties, for the first time, are expositing several ideas and actions on climate change, clean energy, energy efficiency and rural electrification.
[Climate Change policy] [Climate Parliament] [India] [South Asia]
- Need to cap greenhouse farm emissions: Devinder Sharma
Sep 09, 2014
Policy Analyst Devinder Sharma in an interview to OneWorld South Asia has urged the NDA government for providing assured monthly income to the Indian farmers.
[Agro-chemicals] [Indian Farmers] [Agri-business] [Emissions] [Climate Change policy] [Agriculture]
- Three Indian cities vie for Earth Hour City Challenge-2014
Jan 23, 2014
Of the 163 cities from the 14 countries that participated in the challenge this year, 34 have qualified as finalists.
[India] [WWF] [Climate Change policy] [South Asia]
- MP CM unveils first state portal on climate change in India
Sep 08, 2014
The portal claims to be a one stop destination for climate change knowledge management in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh.
[Madhya Pradesh] [Climate Change policy] [South Asia] [India]
- Green energy mooted for India to fight climate change
Sep 04, 2013
India will have to adopt a multi-pronged approach spanning sectors to combat climate change, said a senior government official.
[Environment] [South Asia] [Climate Change policy] [India]
- Over 90% Indians feel climate change is a reality: survey
Jun 04, 2014
A majority of Indians feel that climate change is a reality with average temperatures rising and rainfall decreasing, according to TERI.
[South Asia] [India] [Climate Change policy] [Enviornment]
- Climate change led to decline of ice age trees: study
May 21, 2013
Sustained global warming will wipe out an uncountable number of plant and animal species, says a new report based on a path-breaking study of similar climatic changes through the ice age.
[Carbon emissions] [Climate Change policy] [Climate Change] [Global warming]
- Effective legislation crucial to fight climate change: experts
Oct 29, 2013
Climate change impact could be seen through increased frequency of extreme events on the society, said Shri Prakash, Distinguished Fellow, TERI.
[South Asia] [India] [Climate Change policy]
- Pakistan announces first national climate change policy
Mar 04, 2013
Reaching a major landmark, Pakistan announced its first national climate change policy with support from the UNDP and looks at tackling climate change impacts and adaptation in sectors like energy, transport and agriculture.
[Pakistan] [Climate change] [UNDP] [Climate Change policy]
- Grass to aid fight against climate change, rural poverty
Nov 28, 2014
According to experts, bamboo offers solutions to immediate challenges like global warming, rural poverty and water conservation.
[Rural India] [Climate Change policy] [Rural development] [Rural economy] [South Asia]
- Invest in girls to fight climate change: Ashok Khosla
Nov 27, 2014
Investing for girls’ education and employment can be helpful in curbing carbon emissions, said Ashok Khosla, an expert on environment and sustainable development.
[Climate Change policy] [Carbon emmissions] [India] [Carbon policy] [Carbon tax] [Girl education]
- Climate Change: UN seeks ‘vision, concrete action’
Sep 23, 2014
“We need a clear vision, anchored in domestic and multinational actions,” said the UN chief.
[Climate Parliament] [India] [Climate Change policy] [South Asia]
- First CDP global report on carbon pricing
Sep 23, 2014
The findings of the report are based on direct disclosures to CDP in 2014 from companies around the world.
[Climate Change policy]
- Indianised solutions key to fight climate change: Minster
Jun 18, 2015
Experts representing different part of the world urge for localised solutions to fight the global challenge of climate change.
[India] [France] [South Asia] [Climate Change policy] [Global warming] [Environment]
- Climate change threatens urban food security: report
Apr 02, 2013
Policies that focus on rural food production alone will not tackle the rising food insecurity in urban areas, the report says.
[Climate Change] [Climate Change policy] [South Asia] [Food security]
- Indian MPs submit expert report to PM on green energy
Jan 27, 2014
For augmenting renewable energy (RE) deployment, Indian Parliamentarians submit expert report and memorandum to the Prime Minister.
[South Asia] [Sustainable Development] [Indian Parliamentarians] [Climate Change policy]
- Rising sea levels threaten small island nations: UNEP
Jun 09, 2014
Climate change will have a harsher impact on small island states, says a new UNEP report.
[Climate Change] [UNEP] [Climate Change policy] [Small Island States]
- Climate Parliament for comprehensive green energy policy
Feb 03, 2014
Climate Parliament is the multi-party network of Parliamentarian to promote renewable energy.
[South Asia] [India] [Climate Change policy]
- Warsaw talks: Farm emissions kept out of COP 19
Nov 15, 2013
Developing countries have opposed the idea of adding agriculture as a possible source of emissions for the purpose of accounting.
[Carbon emmissions] [Climate Change policy] [Agriculture]
- Kerala’s Livestock Research unit to study global warming
May 29, 2013
The research centre is set to become a part of a community of universities and research centres from around the world engaged in the study of global warming.
[India] [Climate Change] [Climate Change policy] [South Asia]
- Treat wetlands as living bodies, urge experts
Feb 18, 2014
Governance played a crucial role in the conservation of lakes, said, Mansee Bal, Faculty, Erasmus University, Rotterdam Netherlands.
[India] [Madhya Pradesh] [Wetlands] [Climate Change policy] [South Asia] [Sustainable Development]